Warning: Division by zero in /home/ariyanut/public_html/myhealthythai.com/wp-content/plugins/page-links-single-page-option/addons/scrolling-pagination/scrolling-pagination-functions.php on line 47
USANA has partnered with a number of universities to conduct research studies, including the University of Utah, Boston University, and the University of Sydney. In early 2008, USANA announced the results of a large, third-party clinical study completed at the University of Colorado Denver, which confirmed that lifestyle changes involving diet, supplementation, and exercise, can improve metabolic syndrome (Wyatt HR, et al).
Specific university research sponsored by USANA includes:
- Ball SD, Keller KR, Moyer-Mileur LJ, Ding YW, Donaldson D, Jackson WD. Prolongation of satiety after low versus moderately high glycemic index meals in obese adolescents. 2003. Pediatrics 111:488-94.
- Edwards RL, Lyon T, Litwin Se, Rabovsky A, Symons JD, Jalili T. Quercetin reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjects. 2007. J Nutr 137:2405-11.
- Greene DA, Naughton GA. Calcium and vitamin-D supplementation on bone structural properties in peripubertal female identical twins: a randomised controlled trial. 2010. Osteoporosis International, in review.
- Moyer-Mileur LJ, Xie B, Ball SD, Pratt T. Bone mass and density response to a 12-month trial of calcium and vitamin D supplement in preadolescent girls. 2003. J Musculoskel Neuron Interact 3(1):63-70.
- Shenouda SM, Hamburg NM, Holbrook M, Chung W, Caiano T, Duess MA, Kluge M, Chernyshev V, Tabit C, McKinnon T, Wood T, Cuomo J, Dixon B, Eich N, Vita JA. Chronic Study of the Effect of Grape Seed Extract plus Ascorbic Acid on Endothelial Function in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. 2010. Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism Conference, and 50th Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology and Prevention Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Wolinsky LE, Cuomo J, Quesada K, Bato T, Camargo PM. A comparative pilot study of the effects of a dentifrice containing green tea bioflavonoids, sanguinarine or triclosan on oral bacterial biofilm formation. 2000. J Clin Dent 11(2):53-9.
- Wyatt HR, Ogden LG, Cassic KS, Hoagland EA, McKinnon T, Eich N, Chernyshev V, Wood T, Cuomo J, Hill JO. Successful internet-based lifestyle change program on body weight and markers of metabolic health. 2009. Obesity and Weight Management 5(4):167-73.